MOGWAI @ The Metropolis

best show - ever.
Mind you, I had no doubts about that at all, it was just fantastic to see my assumptions come to life.

The Metropolis seems like the perfect venue for a band like Mogwai as the floors were built up as you neared the back and there was a balcony above, so no matter where you were you could see the stage perfectly. Mind you, I refused to watch the show from anywhere other then as close to the stage as possible. I didn't sit in a car for 13 hours from Halifax, to watch see this from the back of the room. I don't roll that way. I'm not quite 5 feet tall... so the front is best for me:)

I didn't think I was going to be able to get too many good photos, but i took my camera anyway and well, I'm glad i did. I definitly got some decent shots! *yay*



Of course, Dan and I went to the show together *aww*
It was honestly the most romantic thing ever. There is no one i would have rathered see this band with and having him hold my hand during a couple of songs was just the sweetest. He knew I was the happiest girl in that concert hall that night.


Set list for the night was as follows:
  • Long Way
  • Scotland's Shame
  • Travel is Dangerous
  • I Love You
  • Auto Rock
  • Jim Morrisson
  • Small Children
  • Hunted
  • Mogwai Fear Satan
  • Space Expert
  • 2 Rights
ENCORE:
  • Like Herod
  • Batcat
I was really hoping to see Summer in there, or Cody... but hey, i left the show grinning ear to ear, so I'm not complaining.
I thought it was amazing how awesome the crowd was during the whole show.
During quiet parts of Herod, you honestly could have heard a pin drop!!

There are MANY more photos on my Flickr page.




Visit to see them at a larger resoloution.
MOGWAI SET on Flickr

Comments