NEWS: Pick A Piper Releases Video For "Cinders and Dust" & Announce Tour Dates, including HFX on July 17th!

Press release provided by TAKE AIM MEDIA
www.takeaimmedia.com
____________________




Here it is! "Cinders and Dust" the beautiful second video from Pick a Piper's glorious self-titled debut. This one was animated with care by Graeme Reed and illustrated by his brother, Kyle Reed. It also features a hard-working monk and a mysterious forest creature. 

"I first met Brad in College where we both studied television broadcasting. As he pursued his music career I was working on doing my own freelance video production. Brad has always been really kind in giving me video opportunities such as recording Pick a Piper & Caribou live. When Brad approached me to make a music video for the new album I was all in and knew I wanted to challenge myself on this project. My oldest brother, Kyle and I have been always wanted to work together on an animation as he is an Illustrator and I do Motion Graphics - this project was a perfect fit.

Growing up, Kyle and I made lego stop motion animations with handcrafted set pieces and props. We wanted to recreate our stop motions but replace lego with Kyle's Illustrations and the sony handycam for After Effects. The story for the video was created by Kyle, influenced by all the layered sounds of Pick a Piper."
- Director/Animator, Graeme Reed

 

 
"Cinders and Dust" 

Performed by Pick a Piper
Written by Brad Weber & Dan Roberts
Mixed/Produced by John Schmersal
Illustrations by Kyle Reed
Animation By Graeme Reed



NEW! PICK A PIPER TOUR DATES

May 8 - Toronto, ON - The Horseshoe (with Gold Panda)
May 28 - New York, NY - Le Baron [DJ SET]
June 13 - NXNE: Toronto, ON - The Painted Lady
June 14 - NXNE: Toronto, ON - Comfort Zone
June 15 - Sault Ste Marie, ON - Lop Lop Lounge
June 16 - Thunder Bay, ON - Crocks
June 18 - Saskatoon, SK - Vangelis Tavern
June 23 - Edmonton, AB - Wunderbar
June 26 - Nelson, BC - Kootenay Coop Radio CJLY Basement
June 28 - Kelowna, BC - The Habitat
June 29 - Vancouver, BC - Biltmore Cabaret
June 30 - Victoria, BC - The Copper Owl
July 13 - St. John's, NL - The Levee
July 14 - St John's, NL - The Ship
July 17 - Halifax, NS - Gus' Pub
July 18 - Moncton, NB - Tide and Boar
July 19-20 - Antigonish, NS - Evolve Festival

Comments