Show Overview: My Living Will CD Release @ Montes January 13th 2012

My Living Will  -  by Kyle Hodder -01
My Living Will CD Release @ Montes January 13th 2012
@ Montes Show Bar in Dartmouth NS
w/ Chaos Theory, 7 Mile Stare & Human

Photos/Videos & Words by Kyle Hodder

My evening began around 9:30pm showing up to a semi-full Montes venue. I noticed the bar added some wall treatments to dress the place up a bit. This was my third visit here with Noisography . They only had one bar/serving area open towards the back. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation tipping your server generously will ensure you don’t need to travel far for refreshments.
Our first band of the night was Chaos Theory, a five piece Halifax band. Right off the bat I was impressed with the vocals and lead guitar work. If this was any indication of the how the night was to progress, put down your lite beer and order some shots, it’s about to get aggressively louder. A shout out to the backing vocalist as well; dug the screams.

Chaos Theory - by Kyle Hodder 03
Chaos Theory - by Kyle Hodder 02Chaos Theory - by Kyle Hodder 01


**I’d also like to briefly mention the videos being played on the pull down screen in between sets. I believe one was by Rammstein which featured a prosthetic device? and another was called Big Bad Wolf by Duck Sauce. Classic.**

The second band was 7 Mile Stare, a four piece Dartmouth band. This was my second time seeing these guys. Highlights for me were the bass player sporting a 7 Mile Stare shirt and the lead singer getting up on stage for My Living Wills closing songs. Another example of a talented lead vocalist in this ensemble.

7 Mile Stare -  by Kyle Hodder -01
7 Mile Stare -  by Kyle Hodder - 02


Next up was the band Human, a three piece from Halifax. Filter, Incubus and maybe even a little Rainbow Butt Monkeys comes to mind after hearing these lads. Hats off to the multitasking bass/keys player.

Human  -  by Kyle Hodder - 02Human  -  by Kyle Hodder - 01


Headlining was My Living Will who brought up a few friends on fiddle and guitar to help celebrate their cd release on a couple tunes. For me, lead guitar and drums stood out with these folks. Closing with All Along the Watchtower was cool. The black shirt and red tie theme was sharp.

My Living Will  -  by Kyle Hodder - 02
My Living Will  -  by Kyle Hodder - 03




Good times were had.

- Kyle Hodder

Comments