HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - TIFFANY


POP MONTREAL SHOWCASE
 @ Gus' Pub
HPX 2011
Words/ Photos & Video by Tiffany Naugler
Born Gold - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 08

Windom Earle - windomearle.com/
The Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt! - theterrorpigeondancerevolt.com/hi
Born Gold - borngold.us/

Lets just start off by saying I was kind of disappointed in myself for not getting to Gus' earlier. I was so excited to see Gigas play with a proper PA set up that i could hardly contain myself. I had seen him play twice so far and both times were great, but I was never convinced that it was as good as it could be due to most bars in HFX being geared towards bands - not a band, electro, experimental, bass heavy mash up fun time, like that of Gigas. Anyway, long story short - I missed them. I was sad. I chatted with front man, Nick Iwaskow outside after wards and I'm going to get to check them out later.

I did roll in through the door just in time to see the awesome Windom Earle.
I honestly don't think I have seen these guys play since LAST Pop Explosion, and it was worth the wait. I mean the shirtless, pantless performance is enough to put a smile on any ones face. Dimo, Gus' main man, even stepped out from behind the bar and offered shots "on the house" to all the people in the crowd that got down and shirtless with the band. It was crazy, it was sweaty and everyone sang along...
The set was brought to an end as the band broke into their own version of Elton John's "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"... that - was truly special.
Windom Earle - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 03
Windom Earle - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 05 Windom Earle - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 07
Windom Earle - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 08



Next up, was a band I had heard of - then experienced back at the Evolve Festival: The Terror Pigeon Dance Revolt!
I was out side with fellow music photographers, Moe Chandler and Scott Blackburn, and when we walked back in all three of us basically gave each other a WTF? face. The entire stage was filled (and I mean FILLED) with a giant inflatable pumpkin, a giant inflatable snowman and a giant inflatable... bird of some sort. I was content in calling it a pigeon. On top of that a full drum kit, a guitarist and sax. There was physically no room for the vocalist to get up on stage - they tried for a second - but it didn't work. haha!
As the band started - musical insanity ensued.
I'm gonna let the photos and video speak for themselves here...
Terror Pigeon - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 04
Terror Pigeon - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 06Terror Pigeon - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 05
Terror Pigeon - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 01
Terror Pigeon - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 03


Finally, Born Gold hit the stage.
Lets just say this is not something that I was expecting to see at Gus'. It was a full on electronic party, mixed with samplers attached to shovels, stilts and random percussion. It was like the 80's threw up in space! It was AMAZING - period.
Born Gold - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 16
Born Gold - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 18Born Gold - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 15
Born Gold - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 14
Born Gold - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 02Born Gold - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 04
Born Gold - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 07
Born Gold - HPX Day#2: Wednesday Oct 19th 2011 - 01


noisography

No comments: