THE BROAD AND HARD ORBIT OF ROCK AND FUNKIN ROLL

JOHNNYDICK_03a


Start Time:
Friday, June 4, 2010 at 10:00pm
End Time:
Saturday, June 5, 2010 at 2:00am
Location:
Gus' Pub

Featuring: JOHNNY DICK, POUNDING SAND, CHALKPIT & HUGONAUT

Before we got started I had a little chat with Heather Doran of The Johnny Dick Project...

- How do you spend the couple of hours before a show? Any pre-show rituals?
Usually before the show the guys and I get together to put a set list together if we haven't done so already. But for the most part we just have a beer or two and try to relax. That is my way of not getting too nervous before going on stage. If I don't think about it too much I can get nervous. I don't really get nervous anymore just excited!
- How would you describe your live show to someone who has never seen the Johnny Dick Project?
We like to bring a lot of energy to the stage. I really feed off of my band mates and the crowd. So the more energy they have the better. I'd like to think we put on a pretty good rock show and have songs that people can stand up and rock out to.
- Are you a big fan of Gus’ Pub?
Gus' Pub is one of my favorite pub in Halifax because it has such a large varity of music. It has a great atmosphere and people. It feels like a home away from Home for me since I go there so much.
- What do you think about that forest of autumn trees on the stage walls?
It makes me feel like I am going hunting! Love it!
- Drink of choice, for a Friday night gig at Gus’ is…?
Well, I usually stick with Olands. I love my beer!
- What’s your favourite thing about performing live?
I love to be on stage! It feels so natural to me and it is one of the things that I look forward all week. I like the energy i get from the crowd and the opportunity to express myself. The free beer tickets are good too.
- Is there anything you would like to throw out there? (Up coming shows, recording news, tours, your thoughts on socks in sandals… whatever you want.)
We are currently recording our debut album and just finished the vocals and tweaking a couple things. Then we just need to get some more money to finish it. Touring is probably next on the schedule. Starting around the Maritimes and trying to build a fan base close to home before we travel far. Keep a look out for us!

Now onwards to the photos!!


JOHNNYDICK_10a

JOHNNYDICK_06a

JOHNNYDICK_07a

JOHNNYDICK_08a

JOHNNYDICK_09a

JOHNNYDICK_05a

JOHNNYDICK_02a

JOHNNYDICK_01a

JOHNNYDICK_04a

Chalkpit:

CHALKPIT_13a

CHALKPIT_01a

CHALKPIT_12a

CHALKPIT_08a

CHALKPIT_07a

CHALKPIT_04a

Pounding Sand:

POUNDING SAND_02a

POUNDING SAND_03a

POUNDING SAND_07a

POUNDING SAND_09a

POUNDING SAND_01a

POUNDING SAND_04a

Hugonaut:

HUGONAUT_03a

HUGONAUT_01a

HUGONAUT_04a


See ALL the photos from the show HERE.

_________________________

Photos & Interview: Tiffany Naugler

Comments